Searching and Reports
- Is anyone notified that I'm searching for them?
- Where can I see your types of public records and database depth?
- What if I cannot find the person I'm searching for?
- What if there are no results for the address I'm searching for?
- What does RECORD DATE mean when I'm looking at the results screen?
- My report didn't contain the information that I expected. What can I do?
- Do you compile Social Security Numbers?
- Can I see a sample report?
- How do I view my report from a single search?
- How do I view my report from a single search from my Corporate Account?
About Our Data
- How do you compile your databases?
- How accurate is your data?
- How current is your data?
- What is the history of your databases?
- How can I download lists of public records for marketing? How do I get a demonstration of your databases on www.public-record.com?
Your Account and Subscriptions
Pricing, Payment and Billing
- What is the cost per record purchased?
- What is the cost and terms for a Corporate Account?
- Will my CheckIllinois Corporate Account renew automatically?
Terms and Conditions
- How do I remove my business or personal information from your database?
- Is your site secure?
Is anyone notified that I'm searching for them?
No. Your search is confidential. No one else is notified when you use CheckIllinois services.
Where can I see your types of public records and database depth?
What if I cannot find the person I'm searching for?
- Try broadening your search by NOT selecting a specific city.
- Try different spellings of the last name
- Check our date history and public record availability here to make sure the person fits the criteria of the public records offered by CheckIllinois.
What if there are no results for the address I'm searching for?
- Try leaving off the street suffix or direction.
- Check our date history and public record availability here to make sure the address fits the criteria of the public records offered by CheckIllinois.
What does RECORD DATE mean when I'm looking at the results screen?
This is the date the public record was imported into Record Information Service's database - not to be confused with the date the public record was recorded.
My report didn't contain the information that I expected. What can I do?
If your report doesn't contain the information you expected, it may be because the report you selected doesn't include that information, but a different report may. If you suspect this is the case, please contact so that we can assist you.
We generate your report from our own regularly updated database that is built from millions of records. We get these records from a wide variety of sources so that we can provide you with the best possible results. Record Information Services only keys specific information for each type of public record, based on our client's needs. For this reason, we don't guarantee that our reports contain 100% complete or up-to-date information.
Do you compile Social Security Numbers?
No, we do not compile Social Security Numbers on any of the information we collect.
Can I see a sample report?
Yes, click on the links below to view a sample of each type of report
How do I view my report from a single search?
As soon as you purchase your report, you can click on "VIEW YOUR PURCHASED RECORDS NOW" to see your reports. You can then download your records as a PDF. Your purchased records are also automatically emailed to the email address used in your account.
How do I view my report from a single search from my Corporate Account?
As soon as you purchase your report, you can click on "VIEW YOUR PURCHASED RECORDS NOW" to see your reports. You can then download your records as a PDF. Your purchased records are also automatically emailed to the email address used in your account. You can also login to your Corporate Account at any time and view your previously purchased reports by clicking View All Orders.
About Our Data
How do you compile your databases?
Information that Record Information Services, Inc. provides is gathered from Illinois Counties, State of Illinois, and Federal Government public record sources. Record Information Services, Inc., is a for-profit company and not a government agency or consumer reporting agency. Record Information Services acquires images of documents from various county offices and do the data entry internally at our headquarters.
How accurate is your data?
Record Information Services, Inc. is a data complier NOT A BROKER. Since we compile our own data, our accuracy and currency is second to none, however, our data is only as accurate as the public record itself.
How current is your data?
Our goal is to provide you with the most current public data available. Because we obtain our data from a variety of sources, the availability of data varies. Some data is collected and uploaded daily, while others are weekly. For this reason, we cannot guarantee that are reports available will contain 100% current data.
What is the history of your databases?
See our date history. Data provided on our site in no way constitutes the complete public records files of any individuals. By using our data, you agree that you understand that more records may and probably are available for the searched individual than what Record Information Services, Inc., can offer.
How can I download lists of public records for marketing? How do I get a demonstration of your databases on www.public-record.com?
Call us at (630) 557-1000 or email us at and our of our Sales Reps will be happy to do a no-obligation Web site demonstration of any of our databases over the phone during business hours, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Record Information does not, under any circumstances, allow unpaid customers access to our databases without supervision.
Your Account and Subscriptions
How do I update my name, address, phone, or email from my Corporate Account?
While logged into your Corporate Account, click on Update Profile to update and save your information.
How do I change my password from my Corporate Account?
While logged into your Corporate Account, click on Reset Password to update and save your new password.
Can I allow others to use and access my CheckIllinois Corporate Account?
Record Information Services, Inc. assumes you are the authorized user of your account. You are solely responsible for the e-mail address, order numbers, and the actions of any individuals you allow to access your account. Your sharing of your account with other parties is strictly forbidden. You agree that any and all legal actions that result from you sharing your account information shall be your sole responsibility, and Record Information Services, Inc. is completely free of any legal or other responsibility. If you suspect there has been unauthorized use on your account, you must contact us immediately at .
Pricing, Payment and Billing
What is the cost per record purchased?
Each record purchased is $5.95, or you may purchase all records shown in the search results for a 20% discount. Additional pricing is available for Corporate Accounts .
What is the cost and terms for a Corporate Account?
Will my CheckIllinois Corporate Account renew automatically?
No. Please contact your Account Representative at (630) 557-1000 for renewal options.
Terms and Conditions
What are your terms and conditions?
Read our Full Disclaimer located at the bottom of every page.
What are your cancellation terms?
Corporate Account subscriptions may be cancelled at any time, however, Record Information Services does not give refunds under any circumstances.
Record Information Services is committed to protecting your privacy.
- Sharing of Information. We do not share, sell, and distribute any of the information we record such as e-mail address or other personal information. Customer information will not be used without written consent. While you may receive an e-mail confirmation whenever you fill out one of our forms, you will not receive any unsolicited e-mail as a result of filling out the form on our site.
- Links Disclaimer. We have provided some links to other web sites for customer use. If a customer chooses to search these web sites you may be subject to cookies, worms, viruses, pop-up advertising, bulk e-mailing campaigns, etc. We are not responsible for any other web site and accessing these web sites on the net through links found on our website.
- Legal Disclaimer. We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on our website.
How do I remove my business or personal information from your database?
Record Information Services, Inc., is a for-profit company and not a government agency or consumer reporting agency. Public records are available to anyone who wishes to view them at any of the government offices located in the State of Illinois where they are available. Record Information Services collects and maintains only the public records listed here. If you have a compelling privacy issue, security issue, expunged record, pardoned record, or other situation, you may wish to contact the government offices which house your particular type of public record, so you may determine how to remove your information from the public records. The public records that Record Information Services collects represent the public record only, and DO NOT constitute a conviction, admission of guilt, or final outcome regarding a court trial. If you need go through the expungement process, please follow directions here.
Is your site secure?
Record Information Services Web sites are protected by VeriSign Security. This security service enables us to sell products and services online in a secure manner. We can conduct transactions with our customers with the knowledge that transactions are free from fraud, and that sensitive information from customers is protected.
How do I contact CheckIllinois or Record Information Services?
Record Information Services
P.O. Box 894
Elburn, IL 60119
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CT
Additional Helpful Links
- Format Date Field Without Slashes PDF File
- IL Crime Codes PDF File
- Abbreviation Definitions PDF File
- Cook County Property Codes PDF File
- Bankruptcy Records
- Building Code Violation Records
- Business License Records
- Divorce Records
- DUI Records
- Felony Records
- Forcible Detainer Judgment Records
- Foreclosure and Auction Records
- Incorporation Records
- Lien and Judgment Records
- Misdemeanor Records
- Mortgage Records
- Mortgage Assignments Records
- Mortgage Releases Records
- Probate Records
- Real Estate Transaction Records
- State and Federal Tax Lien Records
- Suspended and Revoked License Records
- Tax Sale Property Records